Popular Posts

Wednesday 14 January 2015

What does 1 lot of 100 units means to Retailer?

This post is related to the article posted below. http://www.straitstimes.com/news/business/markets/story/sgx-prepares-market-smaller-lot-size-20150113 Taking UOB EOD on 14/01/2014. If we look at market depth now.

When 1 lot is 1000 unit, buyQ 10 lot at 23.23 sellQ 31 lot at 23.34

When 100 unit kicks in, it should be

buyQ 100 lot at 23.23 sellQ 310 lot at 23.34

The buy up at $23.33 for 1 lot wll be 100unit * $23.33 = $2333 + $0.9332 (0.04%) + min amt $20 = $2353.93 but you only get $2333 in your CDP account.

You will need UOB to be selling at $23.76 to merely break even with positive $1.11 less expenses from total cost of  $2353.93 .
Look at the market depth again, I have to add in 23.55 myself for illustration and 23.54 will have 70lot waiting to be clear to even see 23.76 The above calculation means, for retailer who buy in small lot TO TRADE, it will take quite a distance to see profit. Is it really feasible for trading? You have the answer to yourself.
How about people who are doing long term investing? In this case, we will need a different mindset. You will want your money to work for you by compounding the dividend back into your investment. Your main concern will not be how long and at what price to break even. BUT buying at an EXPENSIVE PRICE would be a mistake mainly because what you compounded might not exceed your loss. So when it comes to investing, Always Buy at a Bargain. To make the illustration simple, Let's said UOB give a consistent dividend yield of 2.964% and the investor have decided to let the money grow for 10 years with $2333 worth of units in the CDP account.
**
To be honest, 2% cannot fight inflation so please don't buy UOB because of an example I shown.   I choose UOB because it was discussed in a FaceBook post.


After 10 years, the investor will get an ESTIMATED return of 34% return less expenses from the above illustration. This illustration return does not include any capital appreciation (if any).
This  illustration is consider a profit ONLY if at the time you decided to cash out, there is no losses in your position.
At the end of this article, you will understand the smaller lot size is usually not suitable for people to trade but more for people who have a long term investment plan. Invest Safely Everyone! Another Good Deed Done.

2 comments:

  1. How I Got My Loan From A God Fearing Lender (Lexieloancompany@yahoo.com)

    Hello, I am Andrew Thompson by Name from CT USA, God has bless me with two kids and a lovely Wife, I promise to share this Testimony because of God favor in my life, 2days ago I was in desperate need of money so I thought of having a loan then I ran into wrong hands who claimed to be loan lender not knowing he was a scam. he collected 1,500.00 USD from me and refuse to email me since then I was confuse, but God came to my rescue, one faithful day I went to church after the service I share idea with a friend and she introduce me to LEXIE LOAN COMPANY, she said she was given 98,000.00 USD by MR LEXIE , THE MANAGING DIRECTOR OF LEXIE LOAN COMPANY. So I collected his email Address , he told me the rules and regulation and I followed, then after processing of the Documents, he gave me my loan of 55,000.00 USD... So if you are interested in a loan you can as well contact him on this Email: Lexieloancompany@yahoo.com or call +14069460675 thanks, I am sure he will also help you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My name is KARLA LOVELL from Texas in the USA. For a very long time, i was deep into financial mess untill a friend of mine told me about CONSUMER LOAN FIRM and how she was helped by the company with an Xmas loan at a very low interest rate of 2% and better repayment schedule.She further stressed that they can help me out of my financial difficulties too.Though i never believed her because i have tried lots of BANKS/CREDIT lenders who could not help me out because of my poor credit score.She advised i should give it a try to be convinced,so i mailed them via consumerloanfirm@gmail.com .Behold it went well and after my explanation, they took me through the loan process and granted me the $67,000,00 as applied with ease on 26th of October 2017, i have a business of mine and my xmas bills became very much easy.

    ReplyDelete